DATES are often underestimated or only seen as a sweet. But there are many good reasons to regularly eat the sweet fruit. Here are a few of them:
- Free your arteries: The high potassium content will not only help your heart but also curb atherosclerosis. This vascular disease is due to calcium deposited on the vessel walls. This not only narrows the arteries, but also carries the risk in the form of potential blockages. This increases the risk of strokes, heart attacks and other diseases enormously. Eating three dates each day will make a big difference and help keep your vessels clear.
- Support for your liver: Studies have shown that dates can also help contain liver cirrhosis. This painful condition occurs when the liver can not properly deal with toxins and produces too much collagen. Dates support your liver to overcome the daily requirements.
- For a healthy heart: Dates are fantastic for your heart. Because the fruit contains a lot of potassium, they are perfectly suited to counteract cardiovascular diseases. At the same time, they can reduce LDL-cholesterol – which is a risk factor for stroke and heart attacks.
- Eagle eyes: There is a lot of vitamin A in dates. This vitamin helps your cornea regenerate and protects the eyes. They also contain lutein and zeaxanthin, which are both nutrients that allow your eyes to better filter out harmful UV-rays. This means that your eyes remain “fresh” longer and better maintain their capacity.
- More energy: Together with a few nuts or almonds, dates are the ideal afternoon snack. The sugar content in dates gives you an energy boost that lasts longer through the fat from the nuts and makes us feel full. Simultaneously, brain activity is stimulated, so you get a clearer head from the vitamins. Of course, they are a great sports nutrition.
- Better digestion: Many people already know, but dates aide with digestion. They help against constipation, stomach aches and many other complaints. Through their “cleansing” effect, they are fantastic as a precaution against intestinal cancer. All these features can be explained by the fiber and amino acid content. They help to optimize your digestion and help your body better absorb nutrients.
- Dates as pain relief: Hard to believe but true: the magnesium in dates helps to reduce pain and swelling. It also has antibacterial properties and reduces infections in the body. In any case, they are a brilliant supplement to medicinal methods.
It’s incredible just how much dates can help with. A great reason to enjoy them more often as a snack.